Monday, September 24, 2007

A few photos from Cape Point

This weekend we went to Simonstown, a touristy beachfront town with a naval base. We stayed in a converted monastery (3 other girls and I were literally in the old chapel) and it was beautiful. Too bad I felt sick on Sunday so I couldn't go see the penguins at Boulder Beach (supposedly there is a colony of about 4000 penguins there), but I got to see my friends' pictures... (def. did not make up for it).




However, the day before (Saturday), we went to Cape Point / the Cape of Good Hope (the most southwestern point of Africa)... so f-ing beautiful.

Supposedly, if the tides are right, you can see where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet.













On our drive there/back, we saw baboons, ostriches, and zebras by the road.... definitely not in Kansas anymore.

















Oh so not TOO far from home.
(dot dot dot question mark font size 2230589)














Perfect pic for SIT brochure?? Mabes.
(L-R: Lan, Rebekka, Will, Tim, Christi, me, Matt)

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Jealous. Bring me back a penguin egg to raise.